It’s time for another Prismata Beta Pre-Season Event, and this time, we’re doing things a little differently. Instead of running a Swiss tournament on Challonge, we’re going to be running a 3-hour time-handicapped PLANETARY MEGA BRAWL event from within Prismata itself!
The PLANETARY MEGA BRAWL is a new event format that we’re debuting on Sunday. It’s similar to our Blitz Brawls, with a few twists. Here are the details:
- Time: Sunday, February 26, 2017 from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM EST
- Format: PLANETARY MEGA BRAWL!
- Players have 3 hours to play Base+8 30s Prismata games in the event queue.
- The goal is to score as many points as possible, where points are granted as follows:
- 5/3/2 points for a win/draw/loss during a player’s first 5 games of the brawl.
- 2/0/-1 points for a win/draw/loss during all subsequent games.
- Players will receive a time handicap when matched against an opponent with a lower score.
- The handicap is one second per point, down to a minimum of 3 seconds.
- For example, if Alice (35 points) plays Bob (14 points), then Bob will have 30 seconds per turn and Alice will have 9 seconds per turn (where 9 = 30 – (35-14)).
- Sign-up is not required! Just load up the Prismata client, click on the Event tab, and join the fun!
New players and veterans alike are all welcome. The time handicap ensures that players of all skill levels will have the opportunity to score points, and all points earned will contribute toward a raffle at the end of the brawl.
Prizes will be distributed as follows:
- The winner will receive 2000 shards and a unique Planetary Mega Brawl Champion badge.
- One randomly selected participant will receive 16 Omnipower Cores for participating.
- The following prizes will be given away via a raffle, where players receive one raffle ticket per point earned during the brawl:
- 100 Infusions
- 10 Omnipower Cores
- 1600 Shards
- Players can win at most one prize. Prizes are generated in the order given above.
- If there is a tie, all winning players receive a badge and the shard prize will be split.
I’ll be streaming the event live on twitch.tv/lunarchstudios. See you there!